Built in 1927 as a distribution center for the company’s mail order department. The building served that function until 1992, when Sears closed its Los Angeles distribution center and sold the building. Though Sears still operates a retail store on the ground floor, the rest of the enormous complex has remained vacant since 1992. The “Sears” logo on the tower is lit up at night and can be seen for miles around. Considered an Eastside landmark building contemporaneous to the Bullocks Wilshire.